Monday 5 November 2012

Final pieces

Well, I'm sure you'll have noticed my absence from my blog! Basically, I've been completely lost in college work, working like made trying to get completed before the deadline. Well, I've now finished and being at a complete loss for what to do now that I'm actually free for once, I thought I'd spend a bit of time on here sharing my work!

For the final piece, we were pretty much given free reins to draw anything we wanted as long as it was including the requirements of drawing from observation. Well, I decided that I would do an intense study of an old camera. For this, I drew the camera itself and then proceeded to take it apart-as you do! My idea in this was that I would be creating a mock journey of the creation of the camera from its concept form in a blueprint to then the actually reality of the subject itself. My theory as well was that by drawing two pieces in a very modern way using digital software and then the other using the more traditional techniques of pencil and charcoal, this would also make a subtle statement about the progression of technology itself.

Ok, so you can tell I'm still in college work mode can't you! Spilling out all that art ramble above! I could keep going but instead I'll just show you the pieces for you to see what you think!


Et Voila! For hours and hours of work, that was very quick to post!

I'm quite happy with what I've produced. The only huge gripe I have is that the lens on the camera didn't really turn out that great but hey, I'm learning! 

So yes, that is why I've been missing! Busy like I'm sure you all are too. Next stop, Maths GCSE exam first thing tomorrow morning...yeah, I'm not going to talk about that!

3 comments:

Granny said...

Brilliant idea of contrasting views of the camera - well drawn too!
Good luck with the math results.
What were you covering with today's module?
It's great to have some time to yourself. How is Jenna?
Is it possible to email a copy of the B/W portrait of Ellen?
What a lot of questions!
xx

Bekah Funning said...

Thanks Granny! The maths went as well as could be expected I guess! The module in maths was basically all about statistics and probability.

Jenna's doing really well-her scar has healed up perfectly. She's currently sat right by me begging for a her food so not much changes with her!

Well, I've now just had my assessment for the drawings. Got double distinctions!!

I'll see what I can do with the drawing too
xxx

Granny said...

Well done.What a result!
xx