Friday 31 August 2012

Puppies in Frames

Following on from my last post, I thought that it would be a good chance to show you what I've managed to do with some of my puppy photos.

When each puppy left, I took a photograph of them on the day with the idea that I would have them up in my room. With my newly made-over room, I was determined to see this idea through and achieve one of my goals to actually do something with my photographs. 

Having been browsing on a great crafty site called Pinterest, I came across a way of making cheap frames. All I had to do it said was to cut out a frame from cardboard and then cover it fabric!

Instantly, I was hit with the idea. It was cheap and would be a nice change from wooden frames. So out I popped to the fabric shop where I collected an array of patterned blue fabric.

It took longer than I thought it would to make the frames but after a lot of measuring, cutting and glueing later, I had my pretty little frames...




...and then stuck them to the wall by my bed. Now I can wake up in the morning and see all my puppies!

Well that was the plan. I'm currently having a problem getting them to stay on the wall. I've tried strong adhesive sticky dots and some special velcro tape but still they fall off. It's looking like I'll have to hammer them on the wall instead. Any suggestions?

Still, despite this setback, I love 'em!

2 comments:

Nana and Grandad said...

Love the idea of the pups photo frames, what a great idea. you must be very pleased with the out come. like the placing to and the mixing of the materials also.

Bekah Funning said...

It's such a simple idea! The problem I have though is getting them to stay. Still haven't managed it! xx