Friday 7 December 2012

Recent print works

Well as I said I would, here's a little look into what I've been up to in the past few weeks. I'm currently doing a print and photography unit at college. It's all hotting up too as we're entering into our second final piece of the year. For this I've got to create a couple of prints and a couple of photographs. My plan is to interact these art forms together in one big theme. I'm literally just starting on this final piece now so if you want to follow my progress on this then just follow the link:





This tribal owl is a design that I created first in Adobe Illustrator (Top) and then transferred it into a linocut where I cut out the design. The results of printing turned out quite well!



These prints of my drawing of a chinese dragon were created using a print process called intaglio etching.


This Intaglio drypoint print is something that I've created only today! It links quite nicely into my final piece. A little clue for you there!




This printed collage of an exotic bird was created by first making lots of different textures of monoprints. By then ripping them all up, I then assembled them together to form a resemblance to the original photograph.

So yeah, that kind of what I've been up to on the printing side of things. Watch out for another post that highlights the photography side of my project!

4 comments:

Granny said...

I love the owl pictures - so minimal and graphic. The printed collage bird is great. I am so impressed by the quality of your work!
I have just looked at your video re photography. The opportunity to explore and produce such quality work is amazing. I love the photos of you. I've saved one as an experiment and later will try to make a print!
The video where you talk about your future plans was excellent.
Looking forward to viewing your door project.
Very, very impressed! You have such talent. x

Bekah Funning said...

Thank you so much Granny! I'll put a collection of all the photography work on this blog too as there's some photos that are quite a way down from the ones you saw of me with the white background. That was just me standing for the camera whilst we ran through some tests with the lighting.

I was thinking actually only this evening how much I've improved in my art. It's nice as I'm getting to a point where I'm starting to feel more proud of the things I produce. Hopefully this will continue to build as I go along and eventually apply for uni!

Granny said...

The more I look at the bird collage the more it grows on me. It captures the essence - which true art should aim to do. The Ellen piece is the same. I agree - you are growing in stature as an artist.x

My first attempt to copy a photo did not work. I shall try again. Technology can be very challenging!

Bekah Funning said...

Yeah the bird collage actually looks quite different in real life. It has a lot more texture and depth to it than is shown in the photo. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. I think definitely better at design than the more fine art side of things.

Are you trying to save the photo? If you right click, it should give you the option to save it on your computer somewhere.

xxx