Wednesday 15 August 2012

Back on track now

Ok here I am, back from my holiday and finally with a laptop that actually works! To cut a long story short on the laptop front, the problem that I had with it still wasn't fixed and after much haggling, I finally have been allowed to take a replacement model which at first didn't work either but now has been sorted! Technology really is a blooming pain sometimes.

So with my laptop fixed, of course the next thing to break straight after that was my camera!! So currently, I'm without my nice SLR camera as the lens is away for repair. Hey ho!

I'm so so behind with what I want to show you. You won't believe how much I've got to show you. I've got no less than FIVE crafty reveals as well as showing you some of the highlight photos from my holiday in the very pretty Northumberland.

So I'll start at the very beginning as Julie Andrews deems this as a good place to start. Way back last month, I made a little present for my friend as a little birthday addition to her main present. I'm a little obsessed with Granny Squares at the moment as you know so I made her this mug warmer.

Now I'm pretty proud of this creation as this is all my own design. Ok so it isn't really that technical but there's nothing more satisfying than creating something that is in your head and making it a reality. At least, that's how I feel! The challenge is achieving your vision. It's not always possible sometimes but in this case, this was exactly what I had in mind! I love it when that happens!!

It was pretty quick to make actually. The problem I had was figuring out how to fasten it but this piece of ribbon that I had lying around has solved that problem perfectly.

It seems so long ago now that I made this and I'm sorry that it's taken a while to show you. Still, I hope this inspires you to get your granny square on and to look forward to seeing some more in the very near future...



2 comments:

Granny said...

brilliant idea - so simple xlyy
its getting more difficult to recognise the robotic words!!!!

Bekah Funning said...

Do you mean the code to post a comment? They are hard aren't they! Some of them are just completely eligible.

I'm well into my art summer project now. I've completed three of the pieces so far. You can read all about it following this link: http://summerproject12.tumblr.com
if you want to.

xxx