Tuesday 10 July 2012

Tangle free (and pretty funky!) headphones

Fed up of your headphones always ending up as a tangled mess for seemingly no reason? Want something that sets you apart from the headphone wearing human race that we have become today? Well look no further! With some thread and an evening spare, you can achieve all that and more in no time!

Ok, so enough with the cheesy selling patter. Have a look and see what I've been busy doing to my headphones.



As my Dad said the other day, I've yarn bombed my headphones! Having been browsing on Pinterest for a little while, I came across the idea to repeatedly wrap thread around them much like a friendship bracelet. Not only does it make them look really funky but it also prevents the headphones to get in a major tangle. This is a fact and can be backed up by science due to the thread making the headphones heavier!

I've even created each ear piece wire in a different colour so I know which pod to put in which ear. This is especially good for me as I have a weird obsession with having to put the right ear piece into the right ear. It's easy to remember too. Red for Right!

Ok so it did take me a little while to do but it made for quite therapeutic evening's work in front of a movie. I love little projects like this. Fairly quick to do, a bit of fun that generates a lot of talk which sometimes encourages others to try the same! It's almost like a pass it on project.

So why not have a go yourself?

6 comments:

Granny said...

Just spent an hour reading your college blog. I am overwhelmed by the reseach and the final work. They say a picture paints a thousand words and this is such a graphic account of your illness and recovery. It truly is inspirational! It should be available,not just in a gallery but in any place where families and patients need encouragement and hope. Will you make a limited edition?
Totally moving - great art.

Bekah Funning said...

Thank you so much! It's so great hearing this as I know that the message has reached someone in the way that I hoped it would. Really is encouraging as I wasn't sure if I had quite managed to achieve this.

This at the moment is the only copy and probably will be the only copy. I've left it at college during the holidays as it will be put up in the college gallery for people to see.

I'm so happy that you like it! I do have a tendency to write an insane amount on that blog so hope it didn't bore you too much!

See you soon xxx

Granny said...

The work is worthy of an edition - if possible. It really is amazing!
Using photography as an art form to tell your story is unique.
488 nderlre

Bekah Funning said...

That's what I thought. I liked the idea of telling my story through the few images taken of me when I was ill in a literal but also metaphorical way too.

I could create another edition if I had enough time to jump in the darkroom. Definitely would do it if there was a demand as they say but otherwise I would just have to of the same piece sitting in my case!

Have got some left handed golf clubs today! Where I work had them in the back so I offered some money for them. Dad says they're a pretty decent beginner's set. Will be interesting to see how they feel!

Nana and Grandad said...

Hi think the funky headphone wires are great, I was amazed at the patience you have, it tickled me to think of you sitting there with them on, what a graet idea. like the cushion to lovely and bright. diffinitly not for Jenna.Lots of love Nana and Grandad xx

Bekah Funning said...

I did actually have them in my ears when I was making them! I had them plugged into my computer so when I was watching something, I had to put them in to hear the sound!

Watch out for the great reveal on the cushion front. It's now finished but I just need to take some photos of it. You're right, definitely not for Jenna! She's not going anywhere near it!

xxx