Sunday 18 October 2009

My little pumpkin dude!

A friend gave me a pumpkin that she grew in her allotment the other day! I've never carved a pumpkin before so was pretty eager to try it! In fact, I got straight to work on it as soon as she left!
Had a bit of an accident whilst hollowing it out though! I now have a thumb nail that is sliced in two and a tiny bit of it hanging off! OUCH! It hurts a lot especially when I catch it on something and it pulls the nail even more. When I showed it to my Mum it turned her stomach and she rarely gets squemish... well, that's what she says!!!!!
Regular followers of my blog may be getting a sense of de ja vu right now! No?
I've based the pumpkin on a character I drew a few weeks back. I put on the painted cardboard pieces so it would look even more like the drawing! What do you think?!

3 comments:

Mum said...

Hiya-i'm so glad you did do the pumpkin figure, as we've really enjoyed the pumpkin pie!!
Mum xx

Anonymous said...

Lets see if I can get this to work!!
Glad you enjoyed the pumpkin carving - sorry about the thumb carving!!
Pumpkin looks great!
Sally

Bekah Funning said...

Ha ha! It's alright now though because my physiotherapist sorted it out for me! She got out her nail filing kit, plaster spray and cleansing spray and everything! Filed the lose nail right back so it doesn't catch at all!